JOIN OUR TEAM
We are currently hiring for the following position:
DIRECTOR OF LICENSING – ACCESSORIES
50+ year old Leather Goods Company, CIRCA OF AMERICA, (based in San Francisco), is growing and has signed on new licensees. This is a great opportunity to head this newly created department at one of the largest leather goods companies in the United States.
This self starter is a high energy individual who takes ownership and enjoys working collaboratively and effectively with other departments (Design, Marketing, Sales), to support the needs of licensee launches and manage the day-to-day licensing operations.
• Knowledge and understanding of the approval process between the licensee/licensor with regard to product approvals/marketing, as well as creating a licensing calendar for each brand and keeping each department on calendar.
• Developing and adjusting, relevant presentations tailored for specific business meetings/opportunities and pitch decks.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with key licensing partners. They will be a key contributor over business development of Circa of America.
• Strategizing with licensee and sales for category growth including new channels of distribution.
• Overseeing the planning, development of licensing marketing and communication materials.
• Managing licensee compliance and be responsible for meeting financial goals based on contractual terms such as royalty minimums, royalty reporting, marketing requirements, product development, launch details, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• At least 5 years of business experience in a Licensing Management Role preferably within the Accessory business
• Strong communication (both verbal and written) skills
• Must be a dynamic and effective presenter
• Fashion industry experience and established relationships with retailers a must
• Working knowledge of licensing deals and contract compliance a must
• Project Management skills and multi tasking abilities a must
Excellent organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Takes initiative, is a team player and self starter.
• Intermediate to expert at creating spreadsheets and presentations for meetings.
• Willingness and ability to travel to meet with licensees at their place of business for meetings
(approx. 20% travel).